Talib Kweli - 7:30 lyrics

Published

0 345 0

Talib Kweli - 7:30 lyrics

[Intro - Res:] It's 7: 30, 'bout to be that time And if you miss the word, don't be afraid to press rewind But if you got to open your eyes to see the truth Then maybe this one ain't for you It's 7: 30, 'bout to be that time And if you miss the word, don't be afraid to press rewind But if you got to open your eyes to see the truth Then maybe this one ain't for you [Verse 1 - Talib Kweli:] Every night at 7: 30 Men get dirty, yo I yelled so loud the Heavens heard me The information that I drop's so hot, it's newsworthy Cops is askin' me who told me, I said a little birdy Dirty listen, the way the sunset glistens is so pretty Castin' a shadow on the grave of those who die early Tryna get it and they got it, how could it not disturb me Make your eyes pop out your head like you were Mr. Furley It gets crazy [Hook - Res:] Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time [Verse 2 - Talib Kweli:] Now let me run it down about this kid we call Coolie We called him Coolie cause his hair was curly, unruly Young mothaf**a, 14, is Ghanian Parents moved to Flatbush in the 70s, tryna get it On 38th between J and K White Jewish neighborhood so they thought that they was safe Until somethin' happened that we call gentrification That's when the n***as move in and crackers start escapin' It's hard as racists slangin' adjacent to the police station When crack came out the junkies thought they were just freebasin' They made the n***a Coolie rich, runnin' with Roger Macon VanDevere, VIP n***as, from with them Haitians One day in the train station Seen the main Haitian n***a waitin' for the 2 at Franklin Knew what he had to do to prove himself, no hesitatin' Had a.38 and caught the 5 express to Atlantic Avenue Waited for the local and blast through like his attitude was gangsta Dropped the gun, tried to make a break for the park Cops hopped out the unmarked car, put the Glock in his face Got locked upstate, it's the wrong place to be in Thuggin' for the crew and them n***as never came to see him Came out when he was 30, perspective different now Hate to see kids gettin' in the game while he was gettin' out Before he got to his mama's crib he saw the Haitian with the same.38 And thought he murked the n***a, guess he was mistaken [Hook - Res:] Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time [Verse 3 - Talib Kweli:] The streets talk to the beat that I walk I write rhymes in chalk outlines And toss out lines with bait to catch wind of the word on the block sh** happens so fast, I felt the breeze like a gun blast And a bullet been shot Past my ear, it's sad to hear the same sh** year after year My mama cryin' tear after tear, the hereafter is here and now You waitin' for your Heaven to appear in a cloud So you steady tryna get high while Hell is starin' you down Police starin' you down, silence is deadly but your spirit is loud Your n***as die, you pourin' beer on the ground Standin' around, talkin' that Apocalypse sh** the Apostles predict Locked up tomorrow, quick to swallow a dick Hollerin' "b**h" to the chick who raisin' your seed You don't acknowledge the kid Think you got knowledge, n***a your knowledge is tricked You're followin' myths n***as like to ease the pain with a bottle and a spliff 'Til the truth explode in their chest like a hollow tip, word [Hook - Res:] Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time Sometimes life's like a drug Trippin' me out and f**in' me up Makin' me what I want to be And don't at the same time