Talib Kweli - 2000 Seasons lyrics

Published

0 523 0

Talib Kweli - 2000 Seasons lyrics

[Intro:] Yeah Hi-Tek For who do we aspire to reflect our own people's d**h For who's entertainment shall we sing of agony? In what hopes? That the destroyers aspiring to extinguish us will suddenly Suffer remorse at the sight of their own fantastic success? The last imbecile to dream that dream is dead He was k**ed by the saviors of his own dream Armah, 2000 seasons [Verse 1:] I'm not a human being getting on some spiritual sh** A spiritual being manifested as a human that's it When I spit I spray thoughts that's representing my life Yo I step into the spot leave n***as open like mics Take on em on a tour Explore psychologies of war Things you can't imagine if you've never seen em before Shorties come back raw Straight out the c- 74 I welcome them back to the world they think is run by laws The world is run by men who use laws for tools But I come thru war tactics like Shaka Zulu Mcs is soft like play-doh I shape 'em Smash em to pieces Volunteer Slaves crave the words I'm painting The masterpieces You hear em on the radio babbling The truth is traveling with the word I sent flying through the air like a javelin Unraveling like a verdict Pound it in your chest like a gavel in the highest court In Bablyon, let's travel on If the world is foul, and you think foul is how you got to live Then from the get your a** was foul And foul just is how you is No excuses see, life's dilemnas are set up like a mirror Just to show you all your faces Now your understanding is clearer You had your chance for evolution You let it pa** you by That's why I'm dissing wack mc's till the day that I die Reflection getting you high We stand our ground with the believers The leaning tower of Pisa and the Pyramids of Giza No comparison The way I flip it is embara**ing Tis the season Ain't no caroling [Verse 2:] All knowing Flowing like spring water in the desert Balling through the barren land Where n***as take a stand, like castles made of sand Free falling For anything Nothing but a plan to fail for they selves No sense of delf, needed daily affirmations of self help Yo it's right in front of yo grill stop looking everywhere else Speaking of planning Hustling and scheming Looking for hookups Took up too much time Like a fiend for rocks that got cooked up God bless the child that got his own sh** I got my team's So the fiends now become opponents They the opposition Stronger from competition Shining like a golden shower, your face I'm pissing in Completing a genocide mission like The Warren commission Like fathers was supposed to be missing While our sisters were supposed to be whoring Save it for a rainy day, money is pouring Under grey clouds, black bu*terflys still be soaring Flying in frienldy skies We cla**ifying the highs Blood be flowing in the streets like crimson tide in my eyes The thai be having me drowsy But I get mellow with the chronic Intellectuals embarrased cause we discussing ebonics I'm on a roll like sonic In an age that the plague got bubonic proportions Yo I call it reparations, but they call it extortion Whatever Just give me mine But caution You've been warned for the very last time I'm not telling you again So relay it to your crew You gotta actually to do Forget the drive in, driveby and drive through You've got to Get out the car Humble yourself Tilt your head back, and look at the stars Shining over someplace very far, from where you standing When the night is clear You understanding just who put them there What you know about the space you get lost in Your peoples can't hear you in the distortion The desert is absorption And you s**ed and you stuck off american freezing for like 2000 seasons Upon your return from raping and crossbreeding Your own people accuse you of deceiving and misleading Causing ma** confusion. Drug abusing Now you all caught up in institutions At this time you've got to break it down and be showing and proving An A&R told me that I use too many catch phrases True I'm trying to catch all my people in all different stages all Different phases It's like that y'all...