Kathleen Edwards - 5 Years lyrics

Published

0 104 0

Kathleen Edwards - 5 Years lyrics

Well I stayed five years too long in this town And you stayed five years too long 'cause you are proud And you spent the best years of your life in a basement bar Baby, I am leaving and I am taking your guitar Do you ever wonder what you could have been If only you could have stopped drinking Couldn't even keep the good ones you had Couldn't even keep the good life you had No this is not, not about you this time It's not about you this time You just sit on your a** getting wasted Take advantage of my patience Take advantage of my patience And I am done being patient And on a late night phonecalls to say Baby I am really wanted, but I can't change And no messages in the world can make me stay Baby it is you who can never change And no this is not, not about you this time It's not about you this time You just sit on your a** getting wasted And you take advantage of my patience Take advantage of my patience And I really need, may your jaw drop tonight You can't even tell me you think I am [lower] You are sitting on your a** getting wasted Take advantage of my patience And I am done being patient And I am done being patient Do you ever wonder what you could have been If only you could have stopped drinking Spent the best years of your life in a basement bar Baby, I am leaving and I am taking your guitar And you sit on your a** getting wasted Take advantage of my patience